blocked block Blocks blocks blockage blunt blunt blunted blunt bluntness boast boastful boast boasts boasted boldness bold bold boldly emboldens
1. Truckers [__________] all the major roads into the city in protest against the government's proposed legislation.
2. [__________] of cement with holes in them served as planters for small trees along the boulevard.
3. The words in [__________] are defined in the glossary at the back of the book.
4. Your grandfather has some kind of [__________] in his intestine, and he is in a lot of pain.
5. He [__________] the axe trying to cut firewood on a cement pad.
6. My boss was very [__________] in saying that he didn't think I was doing a very good job.
7. His [__________] in business has won him lots of money, but cost him lots of friends.
8. The arrow was so [__________] that it couldn't pierce the target.
9. The city of London [__________] a large selection of museums and art galleries.
10. She tends to be rather [__________] in speaking to the staff, but people appreciate her honesty nonetheless.
11. His [__________] sometimes got him trouble with those employees who were a bit more sensitive.
12. A Danish proverb advises, "Act honestly, and answer [__________]."
13. My neighbour's son is very bright, but he's also annoyingly [__________] of his accomplishments at school.
14. Since the Lego Group began manufacturing [__________] in 1949, around 190 billion pieces in 2,000 different shapes have been produced, which is enough to give 30 Lego pieces to every person on Earth.
15. Timon of Athens once claimed that nothing [__________] sin so much as mercy.
16. The islands of New Zealand [__________] an impressively long coastline.
17. Domestic manufacturers have asked the government to [__________] the import of low-cost shoes from China.
18. Helena Rubinstein, one of the world's richest women, once [__________], "I could have made a fortune selling paper clips."
19. Never [__________] of your achievements; it is important to remain modest.
20. In a [__________] move, the driver sped past the competition on the last curve and won the race.